1. All Branches should hold an Annual General Meeting (AGM). Branch AGMs need to take place between the end of the financial year, 30 June and no later than 31 October to ensure the relevant information is available for the Trustees end of year returns to the Charity Commission.
2. All Branch members must be given the opportunity to attend the Branch Annual General Meeting. All Branch members should be given at least 3 months notice of the AGM. This should include any Committee posts that are for election or re-election. Members may submit items for the Agenda to the Branch Secretary no later than 4 weeks prior to the meeting.
3. A template for a Branch AGM can be downloaded from the Forms section. Additional items specific to the Branch should be added. However, there should be no ‘Any other business’ on the day of the AGM.
4. Those with any conflict of interest or conflict of loyalty should declare this and refrain from voting. They may participate in any debate. This may include Committee members who are standing for re-election.
5. Decisions at the AGM requiring a vote will be decided by a simple majority of those attending the meeting. Should there be equal numbers the Chairperson will have a casting vote except if the vote relates to the post of the Chairperson. In this case the matter should be referred to the Association Board of Trustees.
6. Minutes should be recorded from the meeting and a copy of these should be sent to RHQ no later than 4 weeks after the meeting.
Print This Page
(Version 2018.1 updated February 2018)