Gifts to Trustees and Branch Officers
1. In accordance with the Charity Commission Guidelines it is permissible to award a gift to a Trustee or Branch Officer who is about to retire. The Association’s money maybe used to buy a small gift as a leaving or retiring present.
2. Small gifts usually do not need the commission’s authority, providing that:
(a) the value of the gift is minimal
(b) the Board of Trustees agree it is in the Association’s best interest
3. The Board of Trustees have approved two levels of gifts:
(a) A gift to the value not exceeding £60.00 for all Trustees
(b) A gift for a Trustee or Branch Member who has given outstanding service to the QARANC Association. This gift will be given on an ad hoc basis and to a value agreed by the Board of Trustees.
4. Authority to purchase any gift has to be approved by the Board of Trustees along with the amount allocated for the gift and recorded for each gift presented.
Policy for Flowers and Gifts to Association Members
5. The following general principles apply but, following a recommendation from the General Secretary, the President, Vice President or Chairman of the Association may in exceptional cases exercise authority to authorise a gift.
(a) A birthday card and appropriate gift will be sent to members of the QARANC Association when reaching the age of 80 and annually on their birthday thereafter until their membership is relinquished.
(b) Floral or monetary gifts at Christmas for those suffering with illness or from hard times will be coordinated through the General Secretary. Branches should liaise with the RHQ.
(c) In exceptional circumstances the Headquarters may authorise a floral gift for a member on RHQ Roll who is unwell or who may benefit from the support of the membership. This will be subject to the discretion of the Chairman and the General Secretary.
(d) No flowers or gifts will be sent to serving QARANC personnel from the QARANC Association RHQ directly on the birth of their child.
Responsibility of Branches
6. Association branches may choose to arrange flowers or a gift from the Association Branch for serving members on the birth of a child.
7. Association Branches are to notify the General Secretary of the names of members who they wish to nominate as recipients for a floral christmas gift. Names of proposed recipients must be received no later than 1 December.
8. Association Branches are to notify the General Secretary of the names of members who they wish to nominate to receive a monetary gift (due to hardship) (of an amount agreed and ratified by the Board of Trustees) at Christmas. Names of proposed recipients must be received no later than mid October for ratification by the Board of Trustees.
9. Annuitants that are in receipt of yearly or half yearly grant from the QARANC Association will receive a monetary gift (of an amount agreed and ratified by the Board of Trustees) at Christmas time.
10.15.10 Flowers requested for funerals for Association members will be managed by the General Secretary at Headquarters.
11. No charitable or other donation will be made as an alternative to flowers from the QARANC Association.
12. All authorisations for annual funds for flowers and monetary gifts are to be agreed in principle by the Board of Trustees at the July meeting annually. The General Secretary will ordinarily be responsible for the detailed arrangements. Costs per gift should be considered and should be equitable across all recipients. Value for money and quality should be monitored by the General Secretary.
(Version 2018.1 updated February 2018)